Open Position – Mechanical Engineer
Commander Aircraft is a privately owned manufacturer of general aviation single-engine aircraft. Our manufacturing site is located in Norman, OK at the Max Westheimer Airport. Our site includes an FAA certified repair center for maintenance, repairs and annual inspections of Commander aircraft.
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Engineer. This is an important role leading the engineering and mechanics team to ensure the highest quality output critical to the safe and efficient operation of the Commander fleets.
• Performs engineering activities to meet Customer need
• Oversees technical team supporting in-service issues
• Ensures coordination with design, to drive quality into all products delivered to the customer
• Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures, and sets operational goals
• Coordinates global supply with regional procurement and balance available supply against supplier capacity
• Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, and direct reports
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Bachelor or master’s degree from an accredited course of study, in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering
• 4+ years of experience in support of aerospace products, especially general aviation
• 2+ years of experience leading an engineering project
• The position requires flexibility to address emergent issues and may require an occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating
• Master or MBA preferred
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Proven ability to embrace change, lead continuous improvement, and treat safety and quality as top priorities.
• Experience in Commander Airplane troubleshooting, familiar with FAA Part 23
• Knowledge of industry trends (customers, regulators, competitors, etc).
• Experience working with airplane data and completing analyses to drive priorities and project plans
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, your resume - including education and all relevant experience.
Email resume to: email@example.com